Exactly two years ago, we made some pretty big decisions. We moved to my husband's hometown, I left my 911 dispatching job that I actually loved, and together, our family started searching for a home. We also made the decision to embark on starting my photography business.
These were significant changes, and honestly, I wasn't sure how it would go, but we knew that failure was not an option. So, it's important to list the leaps and bounds that have been made in these past and amazing two years. I set up a Facebook page and started developing my business plan. Different things I tried flopped couple of times, but the experience of not getting it right helped develop the process to fit a better design of what N. Nicely Photography has become today. Here are some of the great things that have been possible because of the loyalty of each and every one of my clients.
- I created a website, recreated it, and then set the layout of what the NNP website is today. I actually love it now, it seems to be precisely streamlined, and represents exactly what I always envisioned my brand to be. Needless to say, I am very proud of the hard work.
- In the first year of business, some of my images were published in a couple of magazines solely at the hands of a great, and wonderful counterpart whom I love and adore so much today, Martha of the Virginia Hill Crest Bed and Breakfast. Through her, I was able to network with a few other amazing people in town. And she has been nothing short of amazing in support and encouragement.
- Mary of Country Garden Florist has been amazing for so many reasons as well. Her and I have worked together to become preferred vendors for each other, and have even completed a styled shoot with the Historic Masonic Theatre in preparation for their grand opening last month. She also allows me to tag along on occasion to photograph her work behind the scenes at the Omni Homestead Resort.
- N. Nicely Photography is in the midst of our third successful Senior Rep Program with Carry, Maddi, and Madeline as the current reps, and the program has been tweaked and modified to fit the modern mold to prepare for this upcoming school year. We are also preparing to venture out to other parts of Virginia and West Virginia to complete their shoots and create an unforgettable experience for future senior reps.
- N. Nicely Photography has also moved to be a specialty photography business to cater to weddings and high school seniors only, with the exception of a few family portraits in between. This allows clients to know that they are getting someone with experience and a focus solely on their needs.
- The greatest and most noticeable achievement I think has been the opening of the N. Nicely Photography Office downtown where consultations and order sessions are held for each client to make their experience so much better. The office is located on E. Ridgeway street, and creates a high class, luxury feel while enjoying the images shared from each session.
- I have been asked to do quite a few weddings this past year and for the future in the Tidewater Region of Virginia, so NNP is also expanding out of the area as a wedding photography business. This is amazing because now, I get to combine travel and photography into one, and I get to meet so many more wonderful couples!
These two years have been exciting, amazing, and enjoyably nerve racking. Owning this business has been a ride better than any roller coaster I have ever been on, and watching something cultivate and grow from the trust and love from clients and friends like you has been amazing.
So, with that said, any photography session booked before August 31, 2016 to occur anytime before July 1, 2017 will result in a 20% complimentary rebate off the session fee as a HUGE thank you for the support and love I have been given. It absolutely does not go unnoticed, and I'd like to say thank you.
Fine Print: Offer excludes weddings and print orders. Session does not have to be completed before August 31 but booked. Session fee is a nonrefundable retainer to hold date between now and July 1, 2017.